Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sarah's (second-hand) Post

Dear Family, Friends, and Blog Readers,
I met my doctor (surgeon) and his intern today. They seem really nice, and explained everything to Mom and Dad. Doctor Mason says that from his exam, he thinks that both my ACLs might be messed up, but that the left one is definitely the worst. So he's going to shave my legs, scope both my knees, take some pictures, and give me a plate and screw on the left leg. Then we'll do rehab work and see how I recover. 50-50 chance that I may have to have the right one fixed eventually. This was kind of upsetting news for Mom and Dad, although I kind of think Mom was more upset that the doctor's going to shave the fronts of my legs instead of giving me a haircut on the tail feathers. It was going pretty well, until they said they were going to keep me overnight 2, possibly 3, nights - starting right away. Mom started crying on my neck when it was time for me to go see my temporary digs...it was kind of embarrassing. Anyway, Mom said she'd post this update for me, so hopefully you can keep "in the loop". I will make sure that she updates everyone after my surgery tomorrow and when I get to come home. I see a lot of treats in my future for this one!

No comments: