Saturday, February 15, 2014

July 2008 - My First BIG Camping Trip!

Mom has some 'splaining to do about why she's neglected my blog! Here's some details about the past few years:
July 2008 - I have outgrown most of my beds...


July/August 2008 - We went on a HUGE road trip! We drove through a LOT of desert until we got to Bishop, CA. It was my first night in a motel, and I was a little nervous. Then in the morning, Mom and Dad discovered that they had forgotten my "big" bag of food. We had to find a store before we could head out to our first camping spot...it's okay. They got the hang of it (dogparenting) eventually! We did TONS of hiking, sniffing (okay, maybe mostly me), and swimming. I really do love swimming.
Look how graceful I am!
We camped up a spot called Rock Creek.




Mammoth Falls Hik 
After that, we headed north, going to Mammoth and Bodie. I love both those places! They let me explore (on a leash). At Mammoth Park, I had to ride a bus...I was a little nervous here, but once I let Dad convince me to get on the bus, I realized ALL the people on the bus wanted to see me! When the bus stopped, we hiked a lot, swam some more, and I made many new friends.



Dad and me practicing our log-balancing!
Hey! I saw a bear...click here for more
After that, we went to Tioga Pass, up at Saddleback Lake, on the western edge of Yosemite. I got to do a couple of hikes at Yosemite, but they weren't as dog-friendly as Mammoth. I made a human friend (a little girl) in a wheelchair who wanted me to stay with her. We sat together for a while as her mom talked to my parents. She was so nice, and she petted me for a long time.

I was so tired after a long hike that I ASKED to go to bed...this was my door!
I did get to swim in a pool of the river one day. As I was getting into the water, Dad noticed these ducks. He told Mom to make me stop so he could take pictures of them...but when I got into the water...

         Watch out ducks!






Then we went on to June Lake (or as I like to call it, Dead Seagull Beach). I swam for a long time and then rolled and rolled in the sand. Mom and Dad weren't as happy about that one.





Me and Dad, walking the Ranch

After that, we went to this ranch in Washoe Valley where Dad's Auntie Worm (it's a nickname, but we like it) lives. Dad used to go there all the time when he was little. He showed us around, and I saw a lot of BIG cows. I also experienced my first giant lawn (it's green and soft - and leaves me with what Mom calls "grass stains").


Finally we came home, and Mom went back to work. I didn't like that at all... 

No comments: